The word Jumma means the day of “Friday”. Friday is the fifth day of the week out of the seven days.
Its literal meaning is Congregation. There are a number of benefits of Jumma Prayer.
On this day, people are gathered at the mosques to offer the Jumma prayer. It is noted that even if a man doesn’t pray regularly, he never misses the Jumma prayer ever.
It is only the matter of belief. The Jummah prayer is obligatory for every man except the sick, the slave, the woman, and the child.
Importance of Friday:
If this day is given such significance, there is a reason behind it. The importance of Friday is as follows;
- Hazrat Adam (AS) was created on this day and he was also permitted to enter the Jannah on the day of Friday.
- On the very day, Adam (AS) was sent to the earth. He even died on Friday.
- On this day, there is one hour in which you can ask for anything and Allah grants you with His blessings.
- Friday will be the Day of Judgment when the time comes.
- Friday is the master of the week.
The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Of all the days, Friday is the most virtuous. It is on this day that the trumpet will be blown. Send abundant durood upon me on Fridays because they are presented to me on that day.”
The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) once said;
“When the Friday comes, at every door of the Masjid there stand Angels who write down (the names of) those who come First, then who comes next. When the Imam sits down, the records are closed and they come to listen to the reminder, i.e. the Khutba…”
Make a lot of Dua because there is a time every Friday when Allah (SWT) will grant it.. In Sha Allah. [Al-Bukhaari, 893; Muslim, 852]
Narrated Abu Hurairah(RA): Allah’s Messenger(Peace Be Upon Him) talked about Friday and said: “There is an hour on Friday And if a Muslim gets it while offering Salat(prayer) and asks something from Allah Almighty, then Allah will definitely meet his demand.’ and Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him) pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands. [Sahih al-Bukhari]
Benefits of Jumma Prayer:
As this day is considered the best of the days; and the master of the week same as the month of Ramadan is known as the master of all the Islamic months, there are certain benefits of Jumma prayer that no other prayer can match.
Below are the merits of Friday and the Jumma Prayer;
- There is this blessed hour on Friday when your supplication is fulfilled, whatever you ask for is granted to you.
- Taking a bath for the Jummah prayer and going to the mosque for praying is equivalent to offering the sacrifice of a camel to please Allah.
- The bath for the Jumma prayer washes away your sins as the water drips from your body.
- If you enter the mosque for Jumma prayer before the Imam comes, the angels write your name, and Allah offers His eternal blessings to Him.
- The steps taken to reach the mosque for the Jumma prayer are equivalent to the reward of praying qiyaam and fasting the whole year.
- This prayer is considered the best in comparison to regular prayers.
- Going to the mosque for this prayer and praying with the jama’at and the Imam is better than praying at home.
- Listening to the Khutba before the Jummah prayer is highly bounteous for every Muslim. It is obligatory.
- The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) liked the Jumma prayer prior to the regular ones.
We must send lots of supplications upon Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). [Abu Dawood, 1047]